Many pets in different species seek human attention for affection and care. The human and animal bond is based on the strong chemistry of loyalty. Most of the people in the world like to establish a strong relationship with their beloved pets.
The animals indeed share a selfless bond with humans, without any judgments, mostly pets can prove as the best friends for humans, for some families pet get important as the other blood relations. Do you ever wonder about the quality of pets? It is quite possible if you have adopted a pet sometime in life and enjoyed its company. Some pets can prove themselves even more loyal than humans that make them so special in our life.
If you have a plan to adopt a pet and want to enjoy the company of the most faithful pet, here we will help you to find the best. Let review the list of most loyal animals, below given their traits of pet animals would help you choose an ideal pet.
Why are dogs always on the top of the list of loyal animals? Might be most of us believe that it is a feeling of gratitude rather we do it for every kind of pet. history speaks that humans kept every kind and size of animals as a pet, from fierce lions to tiny goldfish, all to get attention and care from their owners. The question is still the same, why are dogs so devoted? Pooches even cry if you leave them alone at home, they will jump madly with joy as you come back. Dogs share an amazing bond with their owner and the entire family members. Look back into the past for better understanding.
Homo sapiens and Canis lupus familiaris spent a great time together during evolution time. These two species have an old relation together. Scientists believe that the present generation of dogs has evolved from wolves. However, some recent studies have driven different results, as the dogs split off from their wolf ancestors around millions of years ago.
Archeological researchers have found several pieces of evidence from history about humans and wolves living together. While moving back to 13,000 years ago, it is found that this evolution of wolves happened without human interference. That’s the strongest reason to explain about human bonding with dogs.
If we dig deeper about the affection of dogs for their masters they have a “reward cater” function in their brains. This function works with the caudate nucleus which can trigger unconditional affection for their masters. Looking into the eyes of your dog can stimulate him to boost his oxytocin levels.
Here to discuss a few reasons for the dog’s loyalty to their masters.
- With love and respect, this animal can be your best guard.
- Proved helpful to save babies from a fire and family members from other accidents.
- They belong to the generation of wolves which are pack animals which keeps them as a social creature.
- This behavior is about the survival mechanism that is about dependence on other members for social security.
- The dog remains loyal to humans due to the pack mentality. During the obedience training, the god views the trainer as an “alpha dog” this element causes him to work according to the instructions of his leader.
Who can be more loyal as a pet? a cat or a dog, this is a long forgone question asked frequently about these animals. Cats are loyal to their owners but do it goes in the same way as dogs? Cats are independent by instinct so don`t like to socialize much. Cats love to spend their “me” time alone in peaceful solitude. They demonstrate a far different behavior as compared to their wild cousins.
To know more about the behavior of cats you should know a few important facts about them, Let’s talk:
- Cats belong to wild ancestors such as big cats, leopards, lions, tigers, jaguars, and other animals of similar race. The cats possess all qualities of feline generic features.
- The dogs are pack animals; they are always ready to move with a leader which can be the owner. Cats don’t have an alpha, only a lion attack from the pack from the feline family.
- When a cat is adopted she likes to obey the humans but cannot blindly follow the lead of their master.
- if you want to adopt a cat, remember that she will be emotionally attached to you and feel about you but can`t trust you all the time. A cat is not likely to develop a master-slave relationship with its owner.
- Cats’ affection starts with providing that further develops into a strong relationship. A recent study in London found that cats will not dominate you if want some free time while the dog will be consistent to give you a feeling of their presence.
- Cats are not much responsive to the orders of their masters. If you ask your cat to fetch the ball she will not always obey you. Cats are more interested to develop a mature relationship with the entire family members.
- Cats rub will often rub themselves with your legs. They show their affection by marking their territory which means they feel possessive as far they are in your company.
When to think of adopting a pet, most people believe in dogs or cats for being the most affectionate pets. Other than the various types of cats and dogs many birds are far common to keep as pets. Ducks can give you amazing company as being a wonderful pet that has a habit to stay clean. They can bind with their owners with a deeper emotional level that makes them a faithful long term pet. Ducks are the entertainers to provide you with the best company in your house.
Duckling has an instinct to attach with their parents throughout their lifespan. If these parents are not biological but any human they will feel the same bonding with them as well. They possess an unbreakable loving relationship with their parents so if it’s their master, they will cherish this relation throughout their life.
Here to discuss a few aspects of duckling’s social interactions:
- A duck living and growing in a flock will not be able to interact with human beings more intensely. Unlike a duck raised by a human will not be more social towards other ducks in later years of life, so for ducks bought up matters to determine their loyalty.
- Ducks live with humans for a long time and always seek attention for companionship. They recognize their owners and love to spend time with them; they affirm their bond with an adorable expression of their feelings.
- Better to adopt a young duckling so they can develop a strong bond with you before reaching adulthood. Your duck would love to spend time in your company so give them ample time to enjoy the togetherness.
- Ducks are social birds so they will keep you as their best friends. Ducklings like to socialize with other pets such as geese or puppies.
- So a duck can make your life beautiful as a peaceful family member that is ready to accept other pets and can lovely to be around the kids at home.
- Ducks are intelligent animals; they love to cuddle and kiss their masters which show their deeper bond with their family. They play with toys, can be active outdoors.
- Take care of their needs to stay closer to them. That is quite crucial to understand their lifestyle and other social habits.
Loyal animals are mostly intelligent, so the parrot is a very smart bird to live with you as your beloved one. Some of their genres have exceptional qualities to talk and repeat similar words.
Given a few traits of their behavior will give you a better understanding of them as a pet:
- Macaw and parakeet are famous types of parrots to be kept as pets all around the globe. The question here is about loyalty, does a parrot prove a loyal pet? Well, they can but with certain limits.
- Tamed parrots can make better pets to behave like domesticated animals.
- Human raised parrots are not expected to follow many rules; they tend to show their instinct as their belonging to the wild genre.
- Sometimes adopting a parrot can be challenging for you because some species are too stubborn. They are blunt to express their true emotions regardless of the terms with their owners.
- Parrots bond with other humans while some species show a tendency of affection towards a special person. They will particularly favor a special person, who that can be? The one feeding them? Not exactly, it could be someone else.
- Parrots love to enjoy their social life while expressing all kinds of emotions directly. A parrot will demonstrate various behavioral patterns when being sad, angry, happy, or excited.
- Be careful while dealing with a parrot, try not to force them for petting or cuddling. Any kind of pressure will leave the parrot in some kind of stress to create anxiety. A nasty bite can be a possible reaction to this kind of enforced behavior.
- Better to deal with a parrot with patience, leave it alone for some time if in an aggressive mood. Give it some time to relax and feel comfortable, try your best to cool down your angry pet.
Parrots consider humans as a part of their flock. They are very dependent on us for their basic needs. They start trusting their master for showing expressions of love and care. Pet owners have to show their concern to win the loyalty of their master.
Rats make an amazing pet, for some people, it might be shocking to hear but they do share a fantastic bond with the human race. When we talk about the strong companionship of pets we can relate to rats as they cuddle, love, and rub with you to show their intense love.
Rats don’t require much space in your house but you have to be vigilant in providing them vertical space for climbing. These creative animals always want to have adventures of moving upside down, don’t ignore their instinct.
How can rats prove a great pet? Let’s discuss:
- They tend to develop a deeper emotional bond with their kind guardians. This tiny little creature is family-oriented and quite sensitive to feel for others.
- They show empathy for their mates or human family members in the time of distress.
- Rats exhibit the personality traits of an intelligent animal. They are curious to know about their surroundings that will keep them active and on the go.
- These social butterflies better live with companions so must need adequate space to live freely. If you have kids at home, you have to take special care of your rats, don`t distract their sleep patterns. Kids normally awake these little beauties while sleeping, try it should not happen often as rats must sleep for ample time to be healthy.
Summarily, rats develop a strong connection with their entire family members. They would love to spend time with their devoted guardian and show affection by moving around the most time of the day.
Dolphin looks super cute and an extremely intelligent animal from marine life. They can be helpful and demonstrative towards their fellow beings. They always try to save other, whether it’s a human or other animal facing some danger, you can`t expect a dolphin to sit quietly in the time needed, it will move quickly to act.
Here given the few attributes of dolphin/human interaction:
- Dolphins are very responsive in terms of visual expressions; they can remember the whistles of their trainers for many years.
- Their extreme intelligence triggers a few nasty traits in their behavior as manipulating the situations. It is proved from research made at the Unversity of Massachusetts.
- Dolphins can have natural cunningness that allows them to adopt a sharp mentality. This sharpness can prove fatal for other animals while humans are supposed to be careful of them.
Dolphin being a smart animal can develop a strong human bond and responds sharply still it can`t be considered as a domesticated animal. It is not safe at all to leave kids alone with a dolphin, it can cause damage by hurting humans.
Keeping elephants as a pet is always a controversial issue among the people and authorities. In India, they are available in large numbers, and keeping them as a pet is illegal there due to their size. In the UK recently a petition signed by 650 signatories supported to keep animals as pets while some authorities opposed that idea as it is not safe for the people.
The elephants love to spend time with humans and get trained in a shorter period. In India, they are used during religious ceremonies which are a way of earning for owners.
Read here, if you want to know more facts about the elephant’s instinct towards human:
- Elephants belong to the wild creates who should better live in a natural environment still they possess the qualities of a domesticated animal.
- They express their loyalty while showing gratitude after getting food.
- They have requirements of time and space and that is quite critical to evaluate their moods otherwise the pressure can trigger a sudden aggressiveness in their behavior.
- It is not easy to calm down an angry elephant so if you have one in your surroundings you must have to respect its feelings.
- The angry elephants can prove very dangerous due to their huge size, so caution is warranted while dealing with this mighty animal.
Elephants are not suggested to keep as a pet in the backyard of your home, if you have the urge to spend time with them, it is better to proceed rather than to bring one permanently. Children like an elephant, they mostly love to ride and play with them but this also needs continues observation, leaving your children alone with an elephant is not a good idea.
Wolves being different from wild animals possess the quality of living in packs. They are very loyal animals and can knit groups with the same generations. Wolves like to sacrifice their own needs if they have to save another partner.
Although they have some distinctive qualities from other wild animals still it is not safe to keep them as a pet. If you have planned to do so think about it more as it requires a lot of time and effort. In many regions of the world keeping a wolf as a pet is not an illegal act.
Useful Tips To Follow While Adopting A Pet
- A wild animal can cause harm at any time in life, so keeping them at home could put you in some dangerous situation.
- Dogs and wolves are always compared as belonging to the same genre but can`t be considered at an equal level for adopting as a domestic animal.
- Loyalty matters but safety should be a priority.
- Think wisely before making a decision. Consider all pros and cons of adopting a pet you desire.
- Pets are not your property; take them as your friends or companions. Enjoy their empathy and let them seek yours in return.
- Wild animals are costly as compared to other pet animals; besides their special food and habitat requirements made them quite expensive for the guardians.
- Respect the feelings of your pet, any enforced action can lead to worst circumstances as all animals seek respect from their respective families.
Remember, after adoption you are responsible for providing food, shelter, and security to your pet. Any physical or emotional abuse can damage the health of the animal so you are the person who should have to take responsibility. Loyalty is a kind of give and take emotion, if you feel for your pet deeply they will surely respond to you in the same way.
I am a primary writer, mom, and long-time cat parent. My two Russian Blues are the queens of my house. Cats are the most loved pet all over the world due to their cuddly gestures and cute looks. I always felt my soul has a deeper bond with animals, especially cats.
My work is to guide pet owners about their frequent queries about their beloved one pet. I have spent 10 years of my life working with hundreds of animal species. This passion for animal care and love gives me the courage to spread my words worldwide. My writings will help you to decide about the food, housing, and training of your pet.